Professional Development Specialist
REPORTS: to Sr. Director of HAAR Operations
The Professional Development Specialist is the Association’s staff specialist responsible for the Huntsville Area Association of REALTORS professional development and new member orientation programming and instruction. The position is responsible for implementing a high quality education and professional development curriculum for REALTORS®.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop, implement, and teach continuing education courses for REALTORS®.
- Develop, implement, and teach professional development courses for REALTORS®.
- Prepare, plan, manage, teach, and implement orientation of new members program.
- Be responsible for the Huntsville Area Association of REALTORS CE and Professional development offerings.
- Implement strategic plan initiatives relevant to education program areas.
- Analyze new and existing instructors for instructional competency, experience, subject matter knowledge, credibility. Serve as a liaison to instructors and coordinate and organize all aspects of instructor participation.
- develop methods to meet or exceed student enrollment projections and determine teachers, dates and pricing for continuing education, designation, certification, pre-licensing and broker courses.
- Assist with coordinating registration, and promotion of all courses.
- Assist with coordinating course evaluations.
- Serve as back-up for professional standards administrator
- Perform other administrative duties as necessary or as directed by the CEO.
Qualifications (Key Skills, Education and Experience):
- Strong background in or knowledge of real estate industry, adult education, leadership or legal field strongly preferred.
- Prior association or real estate experience is preferred.
- Effective organizer, detail oriented, and self-motivated with the ability to take initiative.
- Ability to prioritize, use time efficiently, set goals and objectives and manage multiple projects and events from beginning to end.
- Work with and adapt to all types of people, and exhibit patience, professionalism, perseverance and persuasiveness.
- Skilled as a communicator with the ability to effectively represent the Association.
- Demonstrate trustworthiness and a commitment to refrain from discussing issues confidential in nature; while inspiring the trust of others.
- Possess strong computer literacy with emphasis on Microsoft applications.