At their December 1st, 2020 meeting, the HAAR and ValleyMLS.com Board of Directors approved revised Elections and Nominations policies. We wanted to immediately alert members subscribers to this news, so please see below for those updates and don’t hesitate to email email@example.com with questions.
- ELECTIONS. New Elections Rules were approved to dictate that, at any time an election is held or a vote is cast, it shall be against HAAR policy to:
- Attempt to intimidate voters via text messages, email, social media, online or in-person through the threat of negative consequences.
- Interfere with the orderly conduct of any election or vote.
- Use a past or present officer, board member, staff or REALTOR®’s name in campaign materials without prior written consent.
- Picket, hold demonstrations, distribute literature or place signs within 150 feet from any entrance to the HAAR building or any HAAR/ValleyMLS.com sponsored function.
- NOMINATING PROCESS. The nominating process was moved to a “Qualification and Recommendation” process to encourage a larger field of candidates to run of office.
- The process will be conducted by a committee of the 5 most immediate Past Presidents willing to serve, and two members at large, not from the same company.
- This committee will interview all candidates who have applied to serve as an officer or director.
- A core set of questions will be asked of all candidates and the committee will recommend candidates to membership for open Officer and Director positions.