IN THIS Update…
- Tax ID Field Requirements
- TAX ID (field name) is changing to PARCEL NUMBER
- Owner Association Fields are now included in IDX Feed
- MLS of Choice Update
Tax ID Field Changes are Coming……
Soon you will see new requirements when entering the TAX ID number on your listing.
Each county that NALMLS covers has different formatting for the Tax ID number. For Example: Madison County has 16 digits followed by a decimal (.) and then 3 additional digits. Each county’s format is shown below.
Effective April 1, 2018 you will be required to enter the correct number of digits in the TAX ID field. Paragon will be able to apply the correct formatting (adding the dashes and decimals) once you submit the listing. However, the most important thing to remember is to have the correct number of numerical digits in this field (as required per each county).
*Exceptions to this requirement are as follows*
1) Land/Lot listings will not be required to enter the parcel number.
2) Properties that have the Approximate Age of: New/Never Occupied, Proposed Construction and under construction will be excluded from this requirement.
Formatting Examples for each County in NALMLS:
The TAX ID field name is changing to PARCEL NUMBER throughout Paragon.
You will notice these changes (entry of TAX ID and the field name change) on April 1, 2018.
Please notify your IDX Website vendor that they should now be seeing the following Owner Association data in the IDX data feed they receive from NALMLS.
Owner Association Name
Owner Association Fee
Owner Association Terms
Owner Association Includes (this is a feature field and the data returned to the vendor is dependent upon the data that you enter on each listing).
An email notification was sent to each IDX vendor on February 21, 2018. However, you may also want to follow up to make sure your vendor is aware of these changes.
NALMLS will officially Implement the “MLS of Choice” Policy (7.42 and 7.43) on April 1, 2018.
Historically, MLSs have operated in tandem with their local association of REALTORS® and have required brokers to have every agent to join and subscribe to all the MLSs to which they belonged. However, that policy was voted down and a new policy put in place moving forward. On April 1, 2018, the North Alabama MLS (NALMLS) will enact the newly mandated NAR policies 7.42 and 7.43, known now as “MLS of Choice” specifically removing the requirement for “all” or “none” access obsolete.
Here’s a brief synopsis of the changes:
- Effective April 1, 2018 the North Alabama MLS (NALMLS) will no longer require every agent in a brokerage office to join the MLS if they are not planning to do business in the market area covered by NALMLS.
- You, the broker, must subscribe to NALMLS if any agents in your office wish to be a member. (No change here. This is still business as usual.)
- All agents within your office must subscribe to an MLS but aren’t required to join NALMLS if only you or a few of your other agents need access to NALMLS to do business – hence the term “MLS of Choice”.
Please feel free to contact the MLS office with any questions or more details.
Now in its 50th year of operations, the North Alabama MLS (NALMLS) is a regional cooperative multiple listing service covering the North Alabama and Southern Middle Tennessee housing markets with over 2,800 agents representing on average 4700 properties. Our highly qualified and trained staff brings a combined 75 years of real estate industry experience, each holding leading specialties and industry designations setting them apart as one of the nation’s most recognized groups. The North Alabama MLS is only the 2nd in the Nation to hold the Real Estate Standards Organization (RESO) Platinum API Certification, securing its place as one of the nation’s leading MLSs in data compliance and accuracy.
NALMLS operates on the Paragon MLS database platform – recognized for 5 years in a row as the nation’s number-one MLS database system. NALMLS subscribers get access to other industry leading real estate platforms including Dotloop, ShowingTime, ListTrac, CloudCMA, as well as highly advanced listing syndication controls from Bridge Interactive. Listing data is added to one of the Tennessee Valley’s leading local home search sites, ValleyMLS.com. ValleyMLS.com is wholly owned by NALMLS and only accepts listings from NALMLS participants and subscribers. With over 2 million monthly viewers, your listings will shine on the ValleyMLS.com website.