Madison County will hold run-off elections on Tuesday, March 31st for two critical County Commission primary races. The Huntsville Area Association of REALTORS® has endorsed in both of these races, supporting Tom Brandon for County Commission District 1 and JesHenry Malone for County Commission District 6.
HAAR has assembled a quick voter guide below for those who will be out of town on Election Day or with questions about crossover voting. Please see below for answers to those questions and more, and contact Sean Magers at firstname.lastname@example.org or the Madison County probate office at 256-532-3330 with further questions.
- March 16: Last day before Election Day to register to vote
- March 16-26: In-person absentee voting period
- March 26: Last day to apply for an absentee ballot
- March 30: Last day to hand-deliver an absentee ballot to the Madison County courthouse
- March 31: Last day mailed absentee ballots will be accepted, by 12:00pm noon.
- March 31: Election Day
Crossover Voting Prohibited
Since 2018, Alabama state law has banned “crossover voting”. This only prohibits those who voted in one party’s primary election from voting in another party’s run-off election. It does not apply to the general election in November or to non-partisan municipal elections in August. For instance:
- If you voted on March 3rd and asked for a Democratic ballot, you cannot vote in any Republican run-off races on March 31st.
- If you voted on March 3rd and asked for a Republican ballot, you cannot vote in any Democratic run-off races on March 31st.
- If you did not vote on March 3rd, you have the choice to vote on either a Republican or Democratic ballot on March 31st.
Tom Brandon has a clear dedication to the issues facing Madison County’s First District. His desire to impact his community is displayed through boots-on-the-ground involvement in community development and growth.
Brandon brings administrative, business, and organizational experience to his campaign, with a platform focused on prioritizing necessary infrastructure, green space, and recreation necessary for district residents’ quality of life.
Tom Brandon is running for Madison County Commission District 1. Click below for a full map of Madison County Commission Districts as well as District 1.
Incumbent County Commissioner JesHenry Malone has a record of taking action to solve the problems faced by his district, while being a smart steward of the district funds to meet residents’ needs.
District 6 has tremendous potential for growth and Commissioner Malone has the knowledge and leadership to guide his community in the right direction.
JesHenry malone is running for Madison County Commission District 6. Click below for a full map of Madison County Commission Districts as well as District 6.