BOARD ACTIONS: TUESDAY, APRIL 27, 2021
VALLEYMLS • COMING SOON: Nearly 1,800 MLS Subscribers provided feedback through a survey about the Coming Soon status. After review by the policy committee, the Directors approved changes to ValleyMLS.com’s Coming Soon Status, Changes include:
- Limit Coming Soon Status to a maximum of 5 days
- Make the Expected on Market Date visible on all AGENT & CONSUMER reports and to the public via ValleyMLS.com
- Allow only ONE photo in Coming Soon Status and removed the requirement that it be a photo of the house/property
- Removed the “Exception” language in the Coming Soon policy, which previously stated: “If entering the listing in Coming Soon status the property shall be submitted to the MLS within 3 business days of the agreement”
- These changes will go into effect June 1, 2021.
VALLEYMLS • NEW* HOMESNAP SHOWINGS: ValleyMLS.com will be one of the first MLSs in the country to offer the new “Homesnap Showings” service as a 2nd option for members as soon as it is available. This is a FREE service offered by Homesnap that is still currently in development. Agents will retain the ability to use ShowingTime and both programs can be linked to avoid the need for to duplicate entries.
VALLEYMLS • FORMS: After thorough review by the ValleyMLS Forms committee, the Board voted to NOT adopt the new AAR Forms into the ValleyMLS.com forms library at this time. Members can still access the AAR Forms Library by visiting AlabamaREALTORS.com
HAAR • HYBRID IN-PERSON / VIRTUAL MEETINGS: HAAR Board of Directors voted to approve the purchase of equipment allowing for a hybrid in-person/virtual meeting model going forward. This model will allow the Association to provide a virtual option for in-person board meetings, member meetings, and classes going forward.
- HAAR will hold next week’s Membership Meeting with your choice of an in-person and virtual option on May 6th from 11:30am to 1pm. The Membership Meeting will feature updates from Huntsville Mayor Tommy Battle, Madison Mayor Paul Finley, and Madison County Commission Chair Dale Strong. Choose your meeting format & REGISTER at the link below.
HAAR • STRATEGIC PLAN UPDATES: HAAR continues to implement its Strategic Plan in every area of its operations focusing on our 5 Key Principles: Knowledge, Professionalism, Housing, Community, and Efficiency. On Tuesday, the HAAR Board approved changes to the plan that reflect successes, goals, and timelines for new projects on the horizon. In addition, the board further cemented its commitment to Fair Housing, Diversity, and Inclusion. To read the revised Strategic Plan: Click Here.